, , , , , , ,

A Beary Good Hostel, Singapore

I always booked budget hotels when visiting Singapore. Here are the list of the hotels I stayed before:
But last year when I went Singapore alone, I decided to try out staying in dorm instead. Cheap, is my main consideration. Plus, there were two of my guy friends joining me, hence staying in mixed dorm would be the suitable option. And this is where I stumbled upon a cute and chic hostel at reasonable price - A Beary Good Hostel.

A Beary Good Hostel 01
#1: A Beary Good Hotel

There are plenty of hostels around Singapore but why I choose this? Mainly because it's so close to the MRT station. The location is exactly tucked right in the center of lively and bustling Singapore's Chinatown - I'm absolutely lovin' it.

A Beary Good Hostel 02
#2: Located on the first floor, we were greeted by a huge teddy bear. So fluffy I'm gonna die!

A Beary Good Hostel 03
#3: As the name of the hostel, almost whole area is manicured with teddy bear

A Beary Good Hostel 04
#4: The common area houses books, games and even Wii console

A Beary Good Hostel 05
#5: Maps and guide books for the hostel guides

We paid 15% deposit in advanced and the balance only paid upon check-in. Once done with the check-in process, I was given a keycard to access to the room and hostel.

A Beary Good Hostel 07

#6: 12 bed mixed dorm

We booked the 12 bed mixed dorm for only SGD27 per night. Stepped in the dorm, there was no inside and I believe they were outside marvelling around Singapore. I was assigned on the upper deck. The dorm was fully air-conditioned operated and each bed is equipped with individual reading light and personal powerpoint. There is large locker provided for the guest but lock is not given. Luckily I always brought extra locks whenever I travel. Now let's check the other area of this hostel.

A Beary Good Hostel 06
#7: Shared restrooms with hot showers and included shower gel and hairdryer. Rest assured as the restrooms are utterly clean. 

A Beary Good Hostel 08
#8: Pantry facilities with microwave, toaster and fridge

A Beary Good Hostel 09
#9: Complimentary simple breakfast for the hostel guests

A cosy and relaxed atmosphere, convenient facilities, comfortable dorm rooms and an unbeatable value that fits every traveller’s budget in expensive Singapore - A Beary Good Hostel is indeed the original backpacker's haven.

Date Stayed: 6 December - 7 December 2014 (1 night)
Rate I Paid :  SGD27 per night for basic 12 bed mixed dorm (Booked via HostelWorld.com)

A Beary Good Hostel
66A & 66B Pagoda Street 
Singapore 059225.

Direction to Hostel
From Changi International Airport:
1) Take the airport MRT to Outram Park Station (EW16).
2) Switch to purple NE line and alight at the next stop - Chinatown MRT station (NE4).
3) Exit through Exit A and spot A Beary Good Hostel signboad on the left after 10 steps.
 
Disclaimer:
This review is truly based on my own personal experience and is my genuine and honest opinion of this hostel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment.
Share:

6 comments:

  1. surprisingly it's quite clean ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotel 81 is not that bad. I stayed there once when I first came SG and told my friend. My friend told me I go sleep at 'ayam' place because she said usually ppl go there to do thing. But well, rumors will always be rumors...

    however, i love wanderlust. you can check it out. abit pricey but the setting is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed at the 'Beary Best' hostel...not bad though but i had a bad sleeping experience due to loud snoring and noises by other inconsiderate hosteliers...had to run down to the common area to sleep till early morning haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh.. the joy of dorm rooms!
      we provide free ear plugs at Beary Best! but yeah... some snores are unstoppable!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Diana! Glad you got to stay at Beary Good before it went into hibernation. :( (closed)
    Please visit Beary Best for your next trip in Singapore. We have lots of different room types... female dorm... private rooms etc! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]