, , , , , , ,

Hotel Review: The Southbridge Hotel, Singapore

Since ever I revisited Singapore together with Boyfie back in year 2011, from there onwards I keep flying to Singapore at least once every year. Everytime I went Singapore, I prefer to stay in different hotels; whether it's budget or boutique for different experience and exposure. And for my recent trip to Singapore with my mom and two lil brothers, we decided to stay in The Southbridge Hotel, a boutique hotel located strategically right in the colourful Chinatown.

Singapore - Southbridge Hotel 01
#1: Exterior of the Southbridge Hotel, Singapore

Because there were four of us, we opted for taxi from the airport directly to our hotel. And upon arrival, we were kinda confused where was the check-in counter but luckily enough, we were approached by a kind bartender who showed us the right way for us to check-in. Before we could possible view our expected rooms, a refundable security deposit of SG$200 is required.

Singapore - Southbridge Hotel 04
#2: The hotel lift signboard

Singapore - Southbridge Hotel 02
#3: Standard queen room without window, where my mom and I slept here

Singapore - Southbridge Hotel 03
#4: Deluxe queen room with window, where two of my brothers prefer this room

Initially, we booked two same deluxe queen rooms but when we entered our room, we were shocked that we were given two totally different rooms. The room that my mom and I slept were exceptionally small and it seems to be pretty enough for the bed and nothing else. But because our rooms were next to each other, we didn't bother to request for the change.

The hotel consists more than 40 rooms beautifully appointed guest rooms, many of which include free internet access – wireless (complimentary), toiletries, hair dryer, television LCD/plasma screen, air conditioning and complimentary of drinking water. 

Singapore - Southbridge Hotel 05
#5: Clean but small bathroom

Singapore - Southbridge Hotel 06
#6: Basic toiletries but sufficient for our usage

If not taken into account of the size of the room, this hotel is an ideal place of stay for travellers seeking charm, comfort and convenience in Singapore.

Date Stayed: 20 August - 22 August 2014 (2 nights)
Rate We Paid :  RM307.95 per night for a deluxe queen room without breakfast (Booked via Agoda.com)
The Southbridge Hotel Singapore
210 South Bridge Road,
Chinatown / Tiong Bahru,
Singapore 058759.

Travel Tip
There are two directions to get to this hotel:
1) Exit A of MRT Chinatown station, walk straight until end of the street and turn left until you came across Mosque Street.
2) Exit F of MRT Chinatown station.

Disclaimer:
This review is truly based on my own personal experience and is my genuine and honest opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment.

Follow me on Twitter | Instagram | Dayre | cause I am currently in Singapore again!
Share:

7 comments:

  1. The room is already pretty decent for Sg standard :P
    Compared to the rooms I had in Sg ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see you blog about SG hotels, some of which I've not even heard of. Thanks for sharing this review, sweetie! Happy holidays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom is really small, no partition between WC & shower? O.O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pricey stay in SG. Usually will stay in Johor and cross over .

    Bathroom really small but not as small as ibis in Bandung

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever to select hotels as this one had windows at lower price! I mentioned mine was over RM350 without windows! It was so scary to sleep that night for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You stayed in this hotel as well!! i stayed there twice while visiting my gf. it's one of the best and most affordable i would say :D
    Hong

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review,it will be consideration for stay when going singapore again
    revisit my blog wisatakeren.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]